Coca-Cola® Energy Gas for a Year Contest
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: The Coca-Cola® and 7-Eleven/7Rewards Win Gas for a Year Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Canada in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario only. Must be age of majority or older at the time of entry. Excludes except the employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of Coca-Cola Ltd., The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company, 7-Eleven ®, the authorized bottlers or distributors of Coca-Cola® products, its and their respective advertising and Contest agencies, or any of the respective affiliates, related entities, successors or assigns or persons domiciled with any of the above. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, territorial, provincial and municipal, laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsors: Coca-Cola Ltd., 335 King Street East, Toronto, ON, Canada M5A 1L1 and
7-Eleven Canada, Suite 2400, 13450-102 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3T0C3
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on March 4, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on May 5, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. Must be 7Rewards member to participate.
- HOW TO ENTER
(a) ENTRY WITH RETAIL PURCHASE:
Step 1: Receive a link to download the 7-Eleven mobile application for the 7Rewards customer loyalty program (the “App”) by texting “JOIN” to the mobile number 711247 and then download the App and create a 7Rewards account or visit 7rewards.ca and create a 7Rewards account; or register at the customer facing display at a participating 7-Eleven store, if the entrant already has a 7-Eleven member ID barcode go to Step 2 and skip Step 1.
Step 2: Once the entrant has completed Step 1, with each transaction made at a participating 7-Eleven location, if he/she scans the 7-Eleven member ID barcode or enters a phone number associated with a 7-Eleven member ID barcode at the display in store with any two (2) Coca-Cola© Energy 310mL products with purchase, he/she will receive one (1) unique entry in the Contest.
NOTE: The App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems. Text messaging fees may apply depending on the entrant’s mobile device carrier and text messaging package. Such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/account holder. Text messaging may not be available in all areas or with all mobile service providers. Entrant must be the person in whose name the mobile device account for the mobile device used to enter the Contest via mobile device is registered (the “Mobile Account Holder”) or have the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder. Entries made via mobile device without the permission of the Mobile Account Holder may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
(b) NO PURCHASE ENTRY:
To obtain entries without making a purchase, visit 7rewards.ca and complete the online entry form by following all online instructions including agreeing to be bound by the Contest rules. Limit one online (1) entry per week, per person/e-mail/mobile device account (you must complete in full a new online entry each Contest week to be valid).
NOTE: Any internet access and usage charges imposed by online service providers will be the responsibility of the entrant.
Entrants may use only one (1) e-mail address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the applicable Contest Period.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these Contest rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and contest judges with regards to all aspects of this Contest, which are final and binding (without right of appeal).
- All potential tOP WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor OR administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even IF ENTRANT RECEIVES AN EMAIL MESSAGE SAYING HE OR SHE WON, unless and until entrant’s eligibility, AND the potential WinnER haS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete by completing the contest waiver.
- Contest Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without any assistance to be eligible to receive a prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If a potential winner forfeits a prize or is disqualified for any reason, the applicable prize will not be awarded.
There is one (1) grand prize of $2500 worth of gasoline and another fifty (50) $100 gasoline gift card prizes (“Prize”) available to be won. Total approximate value of all prizes is: $7500.00.
- Prize Fulfilment and Draw Date: There are a total of (51) prizes available to be won at the end of the contest period. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period. Prize may not be exactly as shown in Contest materials. Prizes are subject to gift card terms and conditions.
Prize draws to select a potential winner will begin on May 8, 2020 and will be conducted by the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative.
For All Prizes: Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred (except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), exchanged, assigned or refunded. Prize may not be substituted for cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize with a prize or prizes of at least equal value (including, without limitation, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees, if any, associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules during the Contest Period. Must be a registered 7Rewards member to obtain prize.
- Publicity: By entering this contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsor use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this contest, except where prohibited.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, technical failures, regularly-scheduled maintenance, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment, then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Contest and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other Contest. Sponsor at any time may cancel or suspend the contest. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason. The Contest Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Contest rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Unsubscribe: To opt out of future marketing messages from Sponsor, go to the Account settings inside the 7Rewards app and select notifications to “off”, or unsubscribe to any email communication by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email message, or email [email protected] and send your email address with the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Coca-Cola Ltd., Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company, The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola bottlers, 7-Eleven, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, Contest partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another code of entry, if it is possible. If the Contest has been discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts of British Columbia, Canada; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event legal fees or disbursements; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of British Columbia.