2019 7-Eleven #GetitDelivered CONTEST
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CITIES/DISTRICTS/TOWNSHIPS/VILLAGES of VANCOUVER, EDMONTON, CALGARY, TORONTO, WINNIPEG, MUST BE EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The 7-Eleven #GetitDelivered TWITTER CONTEST (the “Contest”) Officers, directors, employees and agents of 7-Eleven Canada, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and its affiliated companies, agencies, and members of the immediate families thereof (collectively, “the 7-Eleven Affiliates”) are void from participation. By entering the Contest, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, and the 7-Eleven Affiliates, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules. The Contest is governed by Canadian law, is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest entry period(s):
Reply directly to our tweet on @7ElevenCanada with your favourite game day sports event or match for a chance to win a $50 meal delivered on the day of your choice.
You must be following @7ElevenCanada’s tweet and reply. One entry per person during the contest period. To enter, you must have a valid Twitter account and follow @7ElevenCanada on Twitter. Signing up for Twitter is free of charge.
You may not post or transmit a tweet that contains threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any caption that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, that would otherwise violate any law, or is inconsistent with 7-Eleven’s brand image.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Twitter is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor and not Twitter.
ENTRIES TWEETED IN THIS CONTEST ARE NOT EDITED BY THE 7-ELEVEN AFFILIATES AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE 7-ELEVEN AFFILIATES IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor or any of the 7-Eleven Affiliates does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
The chances of winning any one of the prizes depends on the number of all replies in response to any one of the prompts. The winner will be determined by random draw, drawn from the complete set of valid entries.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: First (10) ten replies on each tweet. Selected by geographic location based on delivery provider and selected entrant. Limit one (1) WINNER per household throughout the entire Contest. Any questions regarding the determination of the winner will be decided in the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in these Official Rules.
- PRIZES: There are sixty (60) prizes available to be won, each consisting a Game day meal delivered to the residence of each respective winner on their day of choice. Twenty (20) weekly prizes.
Weekly contest schedule: Twitter posting dates/time: 5am – 9pm during the following periods:
WEEK 1: January 18 at 12:01 am PST – January 21, 2019. Contest ends 11:59AM PST
Draw Monday, January 21, 2019
WEEK 2: January 25 at 12:01 am PST – January 28, 2019. Contest ends 11:59 AM PST
Draw Monday, January 28, 2019
WEEK 3: February 1 at 12:01 am PST – February 4, 2019. Contest ends 11:59 AM PST
Draw Monday, February 2, 2019
Approximate prize value of $50.00 (fifty) each prize. 7-Eleven Canada may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion depending on delivery area restrictions. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the winner. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. An individual may only win one time over the entire course of the Contest. Unclaimed or rejected prizes will not be awarded.
- REDEEMING PRIZES: BEFORE BEING DECLARED A PRIZE WINNER, each selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question and agree to the Sponsor’s declaration and release terms, in the following manner:
Selected entrants will be notified via Direct Message on Twitter within 24 hours of comment being submitted. Once notified, the potential winner must respond to the email address provided by the Sponsor or its agent within 24-hours of notification with their complete legal name and mailing address and other information required on the notification. The Sponsor or its representative will then send an email message to the selected entrant indicating how the selected entrant must comply with these rules with respect to prize acceptance and liability/publicity release. Such email message is referred to in these Rules as the “Prize Verification Email”.
Within 24 hours of receipt of the Prize Verification Email referred to above, each selected entrant, will be required to send a Reply email to the Sponsor, in which the selected entrant, by sending the Reply to the Prize Verification Email, confirms compliance with Contest Rules and acceptance of prize as offered; acknowledges the non-responsibility of the Sponsor, its agents, parent and affiliate organizations and the prize suppliers in respect of injuries, accident, loss or misfortune relating to the Contest or the awarding of the prize; and acknowledging the Sponsor’s and its agents’, subsidiaries’ or affiliates’ right to publish and/or broadcast the winner’s picture, name, address, voices, statements without further compensation other than the prize offered. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question which will be included in the Prize Verification Email and the response to which must be included in the Reply referred to above in this paragraph.
If a selected entrant: (a) does not reply to the email address provided by the Sponsor via Twitter; (b) does not send the Reply to the Prize Verification Email within the specified time; (c) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or (d) is contacted but is deemed to be ineligible in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, then he/she will forfeit the prize and their opportunity to be a winner. All potential winners are subject to verification at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The 7-Eleven Affiliates are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, delayed or damaged prizes.
- GENERAL: All federal, provincial and local laws apply. By participating, entrants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled or illegible entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Contest any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. By accepting or participating in a prize, each winner irrevocably consents to the use of such winner’s name, likeness, image, voice, biographical information, and statements relating to the Contest or Sponsor, without further compensation, in all world-wide marketing, promotion, and publicity carried out in perpetuity by any of the 7-Eleven Affiliates in connection with this Contest and releases the 7-Eleven Affiliates with respect to injuries, accident, loss or damages relating to the Contest or the awarding of the prize and indemnifies the 7-Eleven Affiliates and the Contest judges against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with (a) the Contest and the selected entrant’s participation therein; and/or (b) the selected entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Contest is terminated before the end date/time, Sponsor will determine the winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date/time. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Contest by posting a notice at www.twitter.com/7ElevenCanada.
- DISCLAIMERS: Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall any of the 7-Eleven Affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death, resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that the 7-Eleven Affiliates have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied (including, but not limited to warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize), in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Each winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered to such winner.