Pepsi® & NFL Contest at 7-Eleven (the “Contest”)
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
1. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. The sponsor of this Contest is PepsiCo Canada ULC (the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest will be administered by 7-Eleven Canada Inc. (the “Contest Administrator”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, who are age of majority or older at the time of entry. The Contest is not open to employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Administrator, 7-Eleven Canada Inc., prize suppliers, or their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, shareholders, members, officers, directors, representatives, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Contest suppliers or judges, nor the NFL Entities (defined in Section 15 below) (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), or members of the immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) of persons domiciled with (whether related or not), any of the above.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will begin on August 30, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and will end on October 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Contest Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, purchase a 591mL or 2L Pepsi® cola (the “Participating Products”)at a participating 7-Eleven location during the Contest Period and complete the following steps:
(i) Step 1: Download the 7-Eleven App (the “App”) by texting the word “JOIN” to the mobile number 711247 (NOTE: the App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems). If you already have a member ID barcode skip Step 2 and go directly to Step 3.
(ii) Other ways to create a 7Rewards account:
a. A 7Rewards account may also be registered by joining online at 7rewards.ca.
b. A 7Rewards account may be created at the customer facing display at a participating 7-Eleven location
c. Download the 7-Eleven, Inc app from the Apple or Google Play mobile app stores.
(iii) Step 2: Following all instructions provided via the App, create an account to obtain a scannable member ID barcode.
(iv) Step 3: Once you have a registered 7Rewards account scan your 7-Eleven member ID barcode or enter a phone number associated with a member ID barcode at the display in store to receive one (1) entry into the Contest for each qualifying purchase of a Participating Product. Maximum one (1) entry per qualifying purchase per day via the App.
*Not all Participating Products are available in all location.
NOTE: Text messaging fees may apply depending on the entrant’s mobile device carrier and text messaging package. Such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/account holder. Text messaging may not be available in all areas or with all mobile service providers. Entrant must be the person in whose name the mobile device account for the mobile device used to enter the Contest via mobile device is registered (the “Mobile Account Holder”) or have the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder. Entries made via mobile device without the permission of the Mobile Account Holder may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To obtain entries without making a purchase, visit www.7rewards.ca and complete the online entry form, following all online instructions including agreeing to be bound by the Official Contest rules. Limit one (1) no purchase entry per week, per person/email/mobile device account during the Contest Period. You must complete in full a new online entry each time you enter for each entry to be valid.
You may use only one (1) email address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then they may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
To download the 7-Eleven application via mobile by texting the word “JOIN” to 711247, you must have a mobile phone with SMS messaging capabilities. You may incur standard text message or data charges from your wireless service provider for each message sent and/or received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such SMS charges or data charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. All entries must be received and recorded within the Contest Period. The App’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the address associated to the email account set up in the App upon registration or email entry will be considered made by the natural person who is assigned the account or email address by the 7Rewards mobile App or internet service provider.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
5. PRIZES AND HOW TO WIN. There are twenty (20) NFLShop.ca gift cards available to be won, each in the amount of $150 (each a “Prize”). Limit one (1) Prize per person. Prize may not be exactly as shown in Contest promotional materials. Use of NFLshop.ca gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions found at https://www.nflshop.com/gift-cards/gc-1.
On November 6, 2023, random draws from among all eligible entries will be conducted by the Contest Administrator to select twenty (20) potential Prize winners. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries at the time of the draw. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which reserves the right for any reason to award or substitute the Prize, or part thereof, of equal or greater value, including without limitation, a cash award. Potential Prize winner will also be required to accept and sign the Declaration of Compliance and Release (the “Release”).
6. NOTIFICATION AND HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE. Potential Prize winners will be notified by the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative at the email address provided in the online entry form or associated with the 7Rewards account information provided. This notification (the “Notification”) will occur within five (5) business days after the Prize draw is completed, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide a valid email address to ensure prompt receipt of any Notification.
POTENTIAL WINNER MUST RESPOND, WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE NOTIFICATION BEING SENT, BY REPLYING TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE NOTIFICATION, REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT IS RECEIVED AND:
- The potential winner must claim the Prize as instructed in the Notification;
- The potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, at a time to be mutually agreed upon; and
- The potential winner must accept the terms the Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Parties from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of a Prize, and return such Release within five (5) business days of receipt.
If a potential Prize winner does not respond to the Notification within the timeframe set out above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, or declines to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner subject to the same terms set out above. If a Prize winner cannot be verified, the Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes will only be delivered by email to verified winners. Please allow approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks for fulfillment of your Prize. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any postal mail or courier delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address including email bouncebacks if the Prize is delivered digitally. No responsibility is assumed by Contest Sponsor for Prizes after they have been shipped. Winners bear all risk of loss or damages to Prize after delivery
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a Prize, any selected entrant will be required to sign the Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Parties from all liability with respect to the Contest, the entrant’s participation or inability to participate in this Contest and the delivery, acceptance, receipt, possession, awarding, use/misuse, inability to use, defect of, and travel related to the Prize. Prize winners agree to the use of their name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor and 7-Eleven Canada Inc., any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Parties are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest website; to be acting in violation of the Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, the winner acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Parties (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the delivery, acceptance, receipt, possession, awarding, use or misuse, inability to use, defect of, and travel related to any Prize, (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest including any travel related thereto. The Contest Parties are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prize.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Parties from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) which may arise out of any breach of any of covenants, agreements, terms, obligations, representations or warranties set forth herein.
10. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND. The Contest Sponsor may at any time, at its sole discretion and without liability, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, subject only to approvals required by law, if fraud, technical failures or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted at www.7rewards.ca to that effect. In addition, for the purposes of determining eligibility to win a Prize in the event of early termination of the Contest, all eligible entries received prior to the time of early termination will be considered as valid and for the purposes of these Rules, the Contest Period will be deemed to have ended at the moment of early termination. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors, including without limitation, any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then it shall be, to the extent invalid or unenforceable, deemed omitted and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. No waiver on the part of the Contest Sponsor to enforce of any term herein shall be deemed a continuing waiver or a waiver of any other term.
11. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
12. DISCREPANCY: This Contest is subject to all applicable, federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English language Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Release, and/or point of sale, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English language Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
14. NFL Entities: The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL International LLC and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way. All entrants agree to release the NFL Entities from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, liability of any kind resulting or arising from participation in the Contest and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of any prize.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, all entrants agree to release the NFL Entities from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, liability of any kind resulting or arising from participation in the [contest/sweepstakes] and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of any prize.