GIVING TUESDAY CONTEST
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF SPECIFIED CANADIAN PROVINCES ONLY AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
Must adhere to GUIDELINES and ELIGIBILITY in order to participate in the `contest`
Contest is open to all legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, Canada who are 13 years of age or older in their province or territory of residence, except employees or agents (and those with whom they are domiciled) of 7-Eleven Canada, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its advertising and promotion agencies and contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER:
First one hundred (100) people to make a donation on the Salvation Army website and share a screenshot or picture of their donation receipt on social media Facebook or Twitter using the @7ElevenCanada handle will receive a free medium beverage.
Contest begins on Tuesday, November 20 at 12:00:01 am PT closes on Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 at 11:59 pm PT (the “Contest Period”). You may submit entries in the Contest in the following way:
- To receive a free medium hot beverage or medium Slurpee beverage please follow the steps below:
- Make a Salvation Army donation on the following website: salvationarmy.ca/donations
- Then take a picture of your receipt and post a picture of it by tagging: @7ElevenCanada on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can upload a photo directly from your computer, from your mobile device, or from Twitter or Facebook account.
- One entry eligible per person.
- You must be logged into Instagram on your mobile / desktop device in order to ensure your entry was correctly uploaded and eligible. Then, you will automatically be entered once you complete and post your photograph with the instructions above.
- We do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos. If our judges determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo, 7-Eleven reserves the right to disqualify it.
- More than one (1) entry /receipt photograph /per person
- On or around November 30, 2018, the Sponsor will award free beverages to customers 7Rewards card or mobile app account. Prizes will not be awarded as paper coupons.
All entries will be rejected if the image is not correctly posted as per the rules and is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Entries without a photo submission will also not be eligible. Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter the Contest more than the allowable number of times during the Contest Period, as set out in detail above, then all your entries may be void. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Sponsor.
Entries will be rejected if: the @7ElevenCanada information is not included in the post and submitted during the Contest Period; or (b) if the photo or image does not conform to the specific requirements. Without limitation, 7-Eleven Canada, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its advertising and promotion agencies and the contest judges are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries.
By submitting A PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE, the entrant (and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees that the PHOTO complies with all conditions stated in these Rules. The Sponsor and those associated with it will bear no legal liability, expressed or implied, regarding the use of the PHOTOGRAPHY OR IMAGE by the Sponsor and THE SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY AN ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS AND TERMS/CONDITIONS
This section applies to photos submitted by registered participants in accordance with Rule 1, 2, 3. BY SUBMITTING A PHOTO, THE ENTRANT (AND HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF HE/SHE IS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE) AGREES THAT THE PHOTO COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE SPONSOR AND THOSE ASSOCIATED WITH IT WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE USE OF THE PHOTO BY THE SPONSOR AND THE SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY AN ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
By submitting any photo, each Registered Participant entrant (and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) warrants and represents that his/her photo:
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the photo and all of its components (if applicable) to enter the photo in the Contest;
- does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals (NOTE: if a photo contains any third parties who are under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, then consent must also be obtained from any such persons’ parent or legal guardian);
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libellous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; what about minors
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a Photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials;
- URLs or links to any websites; and
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor and/or the contest judges in their sole discretion.
By submitting a photo, each CONTEST Participant (and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence): (i) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the photo in whole or in part on the Contest Website and/or for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; and (ii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Sponsor and/or the Contest judges reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any photo, if a complaint is received with respect to the photo, or for any other reason.
There are one hundred (100) medium Slurpee and / or coffee coupon prizes to be won. EACH prize valued at approximately $1.89.
Winner to provide 7Rewards app ID, or email us at [email protected] so a free beverage can be added to the 7Rewards member account. Prize not exchangeable for cash.
When selected you may be sent a direct message or a comment on the channel you entered at either Facebook or Twitter.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to the use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet.
Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or product purchased including not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage. The type of cup or container used must adhere to general rules found in these rules.
Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or data contained therein, related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest judges with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries.
Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Contest Entitles be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the service, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of British Columbia without regard to British Columbia conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of British Columbia.
In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized Instagram/Facebook or Twitter account holder at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind.