Monster Energy® x Call of Duty®: Black Ops
CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, who are at least the age of majority in their province of residence, or older, AT THE TIME OF REDEMPTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Monster Energy Canada Ltd. and 7-Eleven Canada (“Monster” or “Sponsor”) are offering the “Monster Energy® x Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 2XP Contest” (the “Contest”). The Contest is subject to these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”), and by participating, a participant (“Participant”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Monster, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to persons who are legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, who are at least the age of majority in their province of residence, or older, at the time of entry. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees, officers and representatives, and members of their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Monster, Activision Publishing, Inc. (“Activision”), 7-Eleven, Inc., and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating Contestal partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and Contest agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Contest (the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to participate.
Entrants between the ages of 13 and the age of majority in their province of residence will require the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest. In the event it is discovered that parental consent was not obtained, the entry will be void. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- Contest Period: This Contest begins November 23, 2018 at 12:01am PT and ends November 26, 2018 at 11:59 pm PT. (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter:
To enter, purchase any specially marked participating product Monster Energy products (444ml-473mL) with 7Eleven app. See qualifying list of products below.To download the 7Eleven/7Rewards app to your device see below, or visit your nearest 7-Eleven store and ask for a 7Rewards membership card, then register it online at 7Rewards.ca and scan it with each product purchase(s) to enter.
- Step 1: Download the 7-Eleven App (the “App”) by texting “APP” ” or “Rewards” to the mobile number 711247 (NOTE: the App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems). If you already have a member ID barcode skip Step 2 and go directly to Step 3.
- Step 2: Following all instructions provided via the App, create an account to obtain a scanable member ID barcode.
- Step 3: Once you have downloaded the App, scan your 7-Eleven member ID barcode to receive one (1) entry into the Contest for each qualifying purchase of a participating product.
(NOTE: Standard text and data rates of your carrier may apply. For more information about 7-Eleven Canada Inc.’s use of personal information, see https://7-eleven.ca/privacy/
Qualifying list of products:
444ml – 473ml Product
SLIN :241079 MONSTER ENERGY 473MLCN
SLIN :242392 MONSTER MANGO LOCO JUICE 473ML
SLIN :247302 MONSTER ZERO ULTRA 473ML
SLIN :245501 MONSTER ULTRA VIOLET 473ML
SLIN :240737 MONSTER ULTRA SUNRISE 473ML
SLIN :244843 MONSTER PIPELINE PUNCH 473ML
SLIN :244444 MONSTER ABSOLUTE ZERO 473ML
SLIN :248035 MONSTERZEROULTRABLUE473ML
SLIN :241102 MONSTER ASSAULT 473MLCN
SLIN :248037 MONSTERZEROULTRARED 473ML
SLIN :241087 MONSTER KHAOS 473MLCN
SLIN :247300 MONSTER DUB BLRSBLNDPNCH473ML
SLIN :242331 MONSTER ULTRA BLACK 473ML
SLIN :241416 MONSTER ENERGY LOW CARB 473MLC
SLIN :240426 MONSTER PUNCH 473ML
SLIN :243020 MONSTER ENERGY GRONK 473ML
SLIN :244057 MONSTER ENERGY RIPPER 473ML
SLIN :241144 MONSTER JAVA MEAN BEAN 444ML
SLIN :241029 MONSTER JAVA LOCA MOCA 444ML
SLIN :246559 MONSTER JAVA SALTDCARAMEL444ML
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To obtain an entry without making a purchase, visit www.7rewards.ca and complete the online entry form, following all online instructions including agreeing to be bound by these Rules. Limit one (1) no purchase entry each day, during the Contest Period per person/email/mobile device account. You must complete in full a new online entry each day for each entry to be valid.
You may use only one (1) email address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the address associated to the email account set up in the App upon registration or email entry will be considered made by the natural person who is assigned the account or email address by the 7Rewards mobile App or internet service provider.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
- Prizes and How to Win:
There are one hundred twenty (120) digital downloads of Call of Duty Black Ops Game. Approximate game prize value/each: $80.
Thirty (30) Prizes are available to be won each day from among all eligible entries received each Day during the Contest Period. A “day” is defined as any period within the Contest Period beginning at 12:00:00 am (ie. midnight) PT and ending at 11:59:59 pm PT). Limit one (1) Prize per person and per household for the duration of the Contest Period. The number of prizes available to be won will diminish throughout the Contest Period as they are awarded each day. Prize may not be exactly as shown in Contest promotional materials.
Random draws to select a potential winners will begin on Saturday, November 24th will be conducted by the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for that day’s draw. Non-winning entries will remain eligible for future draws. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which reserves the right for any reason to award or substitute the Prize, or part thereof, of equal or greater value, including without limitation, a cash award.
If a Prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian of such a minor will also be required to accept and sign the Declaration of Compliance and Release (the “Release”) on minor’s behalf.
- Prize Fulfilment and How to Claim a Prize:
Potential winners will be notified by the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative at the email address provided in the online entry form or associated with the App information provided. This notification (the “Notification”) will occur within five (5) business days after the Prize draw is completed, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide a valid email address to ensure prompt receipt of any Notification.
POTENTIAL WINNER MUST RESPOND, WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE NOTIFICATION BEING SENT, BY EMAILING THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE NOTIFICATION, REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT IS RECEIVED AND:
- The potential winner must claim his/her Prize as instructed in the Notification;
- The potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, at a time to be mutually agreed upon; and
- The potential winner (or their parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) must accept the terms the Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Parties from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of a Prize, and return such Release within two (2) business days of receipt.
If a potential Prize winner does not respond to the Notification within the timeframe set out above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, or declines to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner subject to the same terms set out above. If a Prize winner cannot be verified, the Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes will only be delivered to verified winners. Please allow approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks for fulfillment of your Prize. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any postal mail or courier delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address if required. No responsibility is assumed by Contest Sponsor for Prizes after they have been shipped or sent by email. Winners bear all risk of loss or damages to Prize after delivery.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a Prize, any selected entrant (or parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) will be required to sign the Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor, Contest Administrator, and their respective affiliated companies, agencies, Prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use/misuse of the Prize. Prize winners agree to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor and 7-Eleven Canada Inc., any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Sponsor and its respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest website; to be acting in violation of the Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitations of Liability: No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor(s) and/or the Contest Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Website hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail messaging transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website or any other website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of technology used in connection with the Contest.
The Sponsors and the Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical or errors, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website, including without limitation, any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to Participant’s or any other person’s computer equipment or mobile phone equipment resulting from online participation in the Contest, or use of or download of any information from the Website or the 7Eleven app. Use of the Website and 7Rewards membership program is at user’s own risk. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- General Terms. By participating in the Contest, Participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions by the Sponsors and the decisions, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Terms and Conditions; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities.
The Contest Entities are not responsible if the Contest cannot take place, or if there are delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Contest Entities. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities, which, in Sponsors sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or any part of the Contest. If the Contest or any part of the Contest is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Contest, notice will be posted on 7rewards.ca if time permits. Sponsors and its entities reserve the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Contest.
- Binding Arbitration: All disputes, disagreements, controversies, questions or claims arising out of or relating to this Contest, including, without limitation, with respect to its execution, validity, application, interpretation, performance, breach, termination or enforcement (“Disputes”), shall be determined by a sole Arbitrator (the “Arbitrator”) under the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Ontario) (the “Act”). The resolution of Disputes pursuant to this section shall be final and binding upon the parties to the Dispute (together the “Parties”, each a “Party”), and there shall be no appeal therefore, including, without limitation, any appeal to a court on a question of law, a question of fact or a question of mixed fact and law. In addition: (a) section 7(2) of the Act will not apply to the arbitration; (b) unless the Parties otherwise agree, the Arbitrator will be appointed by a judge of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario on the application of any Party on notice to all the other Parties. No individual shall be appointed as Arbitrator unless he or she agrees in writing to be bound by the provisions of this Article; (c) the arbitration shall take place in the City of Toronto unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Parties; (d) subject to the Act, the Arbitrator may conduct the arbitration in the manner the Arbitrator considers appropriate; (e) the language to be used in the arbitration shall be English; (f) within seven (7) calendar days after appointment the arbitrator shall set the hearing date, which shall be within ninety (90) calendar days after the filing date of the demand for arbitration unless a later date is required for a good cause shown. The Parties agree to a mutual exchange of relevant documents and the taking of up to a maximum of five (5) depositions by each Party to last no more than two (2) calendar days in aggregate for each Party; (g) the Parties desire that any Dispute should be conducted in strict confidence and that there shall be no disclosure to any person of the existence of the Dispute or any aspect of the Dispute except as is necessary for the resolution of the Dispute; and (h) the Arbitrator shall have the right to determine all questions of law and jurisdiction, including questions as to whether a claim is arbitral, and shall have the right to grant legal and equitable relief including injunctive relief and the right to grant permanent and interim injunctive relief, and final and interim damages awards. The Arbitrator shall also have the discretion to award costs, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, reasonable expert’s fees and expenses, reasonable witnesses’ fees and expenses pre-award and post-award interest and costs of the arbitration.
- Governing Law: This Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Sponsored by: This Contest is sponsored by Monster Energy Canada Ltd. Activision Publishing, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest. 7-Eleven, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest.
NOTE: ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS and the shield logo are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. ESRB Rating Mature 17+. Activision Publishing, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Ultimate Call of Duty Sweepstakes. The “Call of Duty” names, logos, and/or materials are used for purposes of Contest and/or prize descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Activision’s sponsorship of this Sweepstakes. 7-Eleven® is a registered trademark of 7-Eleven, Inc.