MONSTER ENERGY CANADA LTD.
”7-Eleven / Monster Contest”
- The “7-Eleven Monster Contest” (the “Contest”) is open to residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, who are at least the age of majority in their province of residence, at the time of entry, except employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Monster Energy Canada Ltd. (“Monster” or “Sponsor”), 7-Eleven Canada, Inc. (also a “Sponsor”), Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (“Live Nation”), the Contest administrator: LPi Communications Group (“LPi”), and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Contest (the “Contest Entities”).
- The Contest will begin on July 3, 2019 at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and will end at 11:59:59 PM PT on September 3, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
How to Enter
- To enter, purchase one (1) participating Monster Energy® 458ml – 473ml product at participating 7-Eleven locations and complete the following steps:
Step 1: Download the 7Eleven App by texting “JOIN” to 711247 (NOTE: the App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the Blackberry or Windows mobile operating systems); if you already have a member ID barcode, skip Step 2 and go directly to Step 3;
You may also register and obtain a barcode online at 7rewards.ca
Step 2: Following all instructions provided via the App, create an account to obtain a scanable member ID barcode
Step 3: Once you have downloaded the App, scan your 7Eleven member ID barcode
Step 4: Purchase one participating Monster Energy product (see appendix A for participating products) in a single transaction and Scan your 7Eleven 7Rewards barcode.
Step 4: Get entered to win 1 of 63 Live Nation gift cards.
Appendix A: Participating Products:
|SLIN: 241079||MONSTER ENERGY 473MLCN|
|SLIN: 242392||MONSTER MANGO LOCO JUICE 473ML|
|SLIN: 247302||MONSTER ZERO ULTRA 473ML|
|SLIN: 245501||MONSTER ULTRA VIOLET 473ML|
|SLIN: 240737||MONSTER ULTRA SUNRISE 473ML|
|SLIN: 242657||FULL THROTTLE ENERGY 473ML CN|
|SLIN: 244843||MONSTER PIPELINE PUNCH 473ML|
|SLIN: 242916||NOS ORIG CMPLX6 473ML|
|SLIN: 244444||MONSTER ABSOLUTE ZERO 473ML|
|SLIN: 241102||MONSTER ASSAULT 473MLCN|
|SLIN: 248037||MONSTERZEROULTRARED 473ML|
|SLIN: 241087||MONSTER KHAOS 473MLCN|
|SLIN: 247300||MONSTER DUB BLRSBLNDPNCH473ML|
|SLIN: 242331||MONSTER ULTRA BLACK 473ML|
|SLIN: 241416||MONSTER ENERGY LOW CARB 473MLC|
|SLIN: 241324||NOS GRAPE CMPLX6 473ML|
|SLIN: 240426||MONSTER PUNCH 473ML|
|SLIN: 243020||MONSTER ENERGY GRONK 473ML|
|SLIN: 244058||FULL THROTTLE ORANGE 473ML|
|SLIN: 243051||NOS ENERGY ROWDY 473ML|
|SLIN: 244057||MONSTER ENERGY RIPPER 473ML|
|SLIN: 248158||MONSTER DRAGON TEA 473ML|
|SLIN: 241592||MONSTER PACIFIC PUNCH 473ML|
Participating Products may not be available in all locations.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To obtain entries without making a purchase, www.7-eleven.ca/promos and complete the online entry form, following all online instructions including agreeing to be bound by the Official Rules. Limit one (1) entry per week, during the Contest Period per person/email/mobile device account (you must complete in full a new online entry each time to be valid).
You may use only one (1) email address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. To participate via mobile, you must have a mobile phone with SMS messaging capabilities. You may incur standard text message or data charges from your wireless service provider for each message sent and/or received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such SMS charges or data charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. All entries must be received and recorded within the Contest Period. The App’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the address associated to the email account set up in the App upon registration or email entry will be considered made by the natural person who is assigned the account or email address by the 7Rewards mobile App or internet service provider. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
- No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- All entries must be received no later than the Contest Closing Time. Entries, which are incomplete, late, lost, irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are void and will not be eligible or accepted at the time of the draw. Contest entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure, of their personal information by Monster for the purposes of conducting the Contest.
- Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means.
- Odds of winning determined by total number of valid entries received.
- Prizes: Sixty-three (63) “Grand Prizes” are available to be won. Each Prize consists of: one (1) Live Nation gift card valued at $100.00 per prize/each.
Prize suppliers are independent parties over which Sponsor does not exercise any control. Sponsor is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers nor does it assume responsibility for any warranty, claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to any Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or component for one of equal or greater value.
- Draws for all winner will be conducted at the end of the contest period on approximately September 4, 2019. Potential winners will be notified by the Sponsor’s authorized representative at the email address provided in the online entry form or associated with the App information provided. This notification (the “Notification”) will occur within seven (7) business days after the Prize draw is completed, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide a valid email address to ensure prompt receipt of any Notification. POTENTIAL WINNER MUST RESPOND, WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE NOTIFICATION BEING SENT, BY EMAILING THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE NOTIFICATION, REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT IS RECEIVED AND:
The potential winner must claim his/her Prize as instructed in the Notification;
The potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise; and the potential winner must accept the terms the Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Entities from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of a Prize, and return such Release within two (2) business days of receipt. If a potential Prize winner does not respond to the Notification within the timeframe set out above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, or declines to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner subject to the same terms set out above. If a Prize winner cannot be verified, the Prize will not be awarded. Prizes will only be delivered to verified winners. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any postal mail or courier delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for Prizes after they have been shipped. Winners bear all risk of loss or damages to Prize after delivery.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and with the decisions of the Contest Entities as they relate thereto.
- Winners agree to sign a standard form of declaration and release as described in section 9. In addition, each winner agrees to the use of his/her name, place of residence and image in any publicity carried out by the Contest Entities without compensation.
- By accepting a Prize in connection with this Contest, Prize winners agree to release, remise and forever discharge the Contest Entities, their parent, and all affiliates thereof from any claims, liabilities or damages incurred in connection with the delivery, installation, use and consumption of any Prize.
- The Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries and release documents or for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any network lines, computer online systems, telephone, hardware, software, server, providers, e-mail, player, browser or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry) howsoever caused. Contest Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants’ computer or any other computer, related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or cause it to not comply with any applicable law having jurisdiction over the Contest Entities, then, subject to regulatory approval when required, Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest without notice.
- The Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who they find to be in violation of these Official Rules or tampering with the Contest process and they reserve the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to participate. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Entities reserve the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All decisions of the Contest Entities in connection with this Contest are final and binding in all respects. All Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes are non-transferable.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Entities and will not be returned.
- This Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
- All disputes, disagreements, controversies, questions or claims arising out of or relating to this Contest, including, without limitation, with respect to its execution, validity, application, interpretation, performance, breach, termination or enforcement (“Disputes”), shall be (a) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (b) shall be determined by a sole Arbitrator (the “Arbitrator”) under the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Ontario) (the “Act”). The resolution of Disputes pursuant to this section shall be final and binding upon the parties, and there shall be no appeal therefrom, including, without limitation, any appeal to a court on a question of law, a question of fact or a question of mixed fact and law. In addition: (a) section 7(2) of the Act will not apply to the arbitration; (b) unless the parties otherwise agree, the Arbitrator will be appointed by a judge of the Superior Court of Justice of Ontario on the application of any party on notice to all the other parties. No individual shall be appointed as Arbitrator unless he or she agrees in writing to be bound by the provisions of this Article; (c) the arbitration shall take place in the City of Toronto unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties; (d) subject to the Act, the Arbitrator may conduct the arbitration in the manner the Arbitrator considers appropriate; (e) the language to be used in the arbitration shall be English; (f) within seven (7) calendar days after appointment the arbitrator shall set the hearing date, which shall be within ninety (90) calendar days after the filing date of the demand for arbitration unless a later date is required for a good cause shown. The parties agree to a mutual exchange of relevant documents and the taking of up to a maximum of five (5) depositions by each party to last no more than two (2) calendar days in aggregate for each party; (g) the parties desire that any Dispute should be conducted in strict confidence and that there shall be no disclosure to any person of the existence of the Dispute or any aspect of the Dispute except as is necessary for the resolution of the Dispute; and (h) the Arbitrator shall have the right to determine all questions of law and jurisdiction, including questions as to whether a claim is arbitral, and shall have the right to grant legal and equitable relief including injunctive relief and the right to grant permanent and interim injunctive relief, and final and interim damages awards. The Arbitrator shall also have the discretion to award costs, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, reasonable expert’s fees and expenses, reasonable witnesses’ fees and expenses pre-award and post-award interest and costs of the arbitration.
- The Official Rules are available on-line at https://7-eleven.ca/promos/
- The Claw Icon and all MUTANT trade-marks are owned by Monster Energy Company. Other trade-marks appearing are the property of their respective owners.