ROCKSTAR & 7-ELEVEN GEARS 5 CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
MATHEMATICAL SKILL-TESTING QUESTION REQUIRED.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Rockstar & 7-Eleven Gears 5 Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on 09/04/19 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on 11/03/19 (“Promotion Period”). (1)
Step 1: Download the 7-Eleven App (the “App”) by texting “Join” to the mobile number 711247 (NOTE: the App is not compatible on Windows devices. If you have a member ID barcode skip Step 2 and go directly to Step 3.
Step 2: Following all instructions provided via the App download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems); if you already, create an account to obtain a scannable member ID barcode;
Step 3: Once you have downloaded the App, or obtained a scannable bar code, scan your 7-Eleven member ID barcode to receive one (1) entry into the Contest with each qualifying purchase of a Participating Product. Maximum one (1) entry per qualifying purchase per day.
Other ways to participate:
To obtain a scannable bar code without using a mobile application, sign up for 7Rewards online at 7rewards.ca. For no purchase option go to 7rewards.ca
NOTE: Text messaging fees may apply depending on the entrant’s mobile device carrier and text messaging package. Such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/account holder. Text messaging may not be available in all areas or with all mobile service providers. Entrant must be the person in whose name the mobile device account for the mobile device used to enter the Contest via mobile device is registered (the “Mobile Account Holder”) or have the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder. Entries made via mobile device without the permission of the Mobile Account Holder may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To obtain entries without making a purchase, visit www.7rewards.ca and complete the online entry form, following all online instructions including agreeing to be bound by the Official Contest rules. Limit one (1) entry every seven (7) days, during the Contest Period per person/email/mobile device account (you must complete in full a new online entry each 7-day period for each entry to be valid).
LIMIT: one (1) entry per person/email address per day regardless of the method of entry. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on 11/03/19 to be entered into the Random Drawing.
List of participating products:
244062 RS KillrGrape 473ml
240059 RS PZeroWtrln473ml
243437 RckstarRstVan 444ml
243438 RckstrRstMcha 444ml
Participating Product not available in all locations.
You may use only one (1) email address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
To participate via mobile, you must have a mobile phone with SMS messaging capabilities. You may also participate by signing up at 7rewards.ca and creating an online account. When your account is registered, you will then have created a mobile scannable bar code using the 7Rewards website. If downloading the app, you may incur standard text message or data charges from your wireless service provider for each message sent and/or received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such SMS charges or data charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. All entries must be received and recorded within the Contest Period. The 7Rewards computer system is the official timekeeping device for this Contest.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the address associated to the email account set up to create the account upon registration or email entry will be considered made by the natural person who is assigned the account or email address by the 7Rewards account or internet service provider.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
- RANDOM DRAWING: On 11/04/19, twelve (12) entries will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsors for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of delivery. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest.
- PRIZE & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”). There will be a total of twelve (12) Grand Prize Winners. Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- One (1) Xbox One X gaming console
- One (1) Gears 5 Xbox One game
Total ARV of Grand prize is $578.00 CAD. Total ARV of all prizes is $6,936.00 CAD.
Prizes will be assigned at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: The potential winner will be notified by Contest Sponsors by phone, mail, or email in accordance with the contact information provided at the time of entry. To be declared a winner, each potential winner must: (i) correctly answer a required time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without any assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise; (ii) sign and return to Sponsor within the date indicated a form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these Official Rules and releases the Sponsor, 7-Eleven Canada Inc, and Contest Entities (defined in Section 6 below), and each of their respective direct and indirect parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, franchisees, their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, agents, advisors, contest prize suppliers and each of their employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives from all liability with respect to: (a) the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize or for matters that inhibit, reduce or prevent enjoyment of the Prize, (b) traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity; and (c) the publicity rights granted to the Sponsors defined in Rule 8 (the “Release”); and (iv) otherwise comply with these Official Rules. The potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process.
If a potential winner cannot be located, does not respond within five (5) business days of notification, or fails to: (i) correctly answer the skill-testing question, (ii) sign and return the Release within the required time, or (iii) otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the Prize and the Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries whom the Sponsor will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner. Awarding of the Prize is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any postal mail or overnight delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the start of the Contest Period. Void outside of Canada and where prohibited. Employees and directors of Rockstar, Inc. (collectively, “Sponsor”), 7-Eleven, and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to participate or enter.
- RIGHT TO SUSPEND/MODIFY/TERMINATE: By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Contest Rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of Rockstar), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. The Contest Sponsors may, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, or to modify or suspend the Contest at any time, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random draw to award the Prize will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Official Contest Rules.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, and as a condition of acceptance of any Prize, each entrant, his/her heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS the Sponsor, 7-Eleven Canada Inc, and each of their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Contest Group”) from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions, causes of action, personal injury, property damage or death (including without limitation all costs and liabilities of any kind including lawyers’ fees), AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SUCH ARISING FROM ANY ACT OF NEGLIGENCE OF THE CONTEST GROUP, that the entrant now has, or may hereafter have against the Contest Group directly or indirectly resulting or arising from: (i) participation in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse or enjoyment of the Prize or any substitute prize, or traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or Prize-related activity; or (ii) the publicity rights granted to Contest Sponsors set out in Rule 10. It is understood that there may be serious risks of bodily injury, death, or property damage associated with the use or misuse of the Prize and by accepting the Prize the Prize winner voluntarily assumes these risks.
The Contest Group is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the announcement of winner, distribution of the Prize or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any email to be received by the Contest Sponsors or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. The Contest Group is not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest. The Contest Sponsors do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest or the Contest Website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- PUBLICITY: By accepting a Prize, winner consents to the publication and use of his/her name, municipality of residence, comments, voice, likeness and photographs in any form, manner or media whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, in print, radio, television and on the Internet for any purpose in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, for the purposes of advertising and trade, and promoting the Contest Sponsors and each of their products and services, without further notice or compensation. The Prize winner agrees to cooperate with Contest Sponsors in arranging for photographs or other forms of publicity and to be available for photographs or other forms of publicity on reasonable notice by Contest Sponsors.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Contest rules which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. All entries become the property of Rockstar and will not be returned. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. A participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada applicable therein. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the French language rules for this Contest, the English rules shall prevail.
- Sponsor: Rockstar, Inc., Las Vegas, NV.
Microsoft, Gears of War & Xbox One are trademarks of Microsoft Group of companies. Microsoft is not a sponsor of this Promotion. ESRB RATING: Mature.