Official Rules and Regulations
7Rewards $20,000 Slurpee Scholarship Promotion
- PROMOTION PERIOD
The “Earn a $20,000 Scholarship” Promotion ( “Promotion“) commences Monday, November 4, 2019 at 12:00:01 pm PT and ends Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm PT (the “Promotion Period“). This Promotion is sponsored by 7-Eleven Canada (the “Sponsor“).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry and currently active or previously active in 2017 or 2018 at a University, College or educational institute in BC, AB, SASK, MB, or ON. All entrants must be members of the 7Rewards program.
Notwithstanding the above, this Promotion is not open to employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors (or those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of: (i) the Promotion Sponsor, Participating product sponsors, (the “Participating Sponsors”), its respective divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) Promotion Sponsor advertising and promotional agencies, Participating Sponsors, Promotion suppliers, prize suppliers, and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”).
- HOW TO ENTER and QUALIFY:
Step 1: Download the 7-Eleven APP (the “App”) by texting “JOIN” to 711247 or by visiting 7rewards.ca and obtaining a 7Rewards barcode on the website. (NOTE: the App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems);
Step 2: following all instructions provided via the App or at 7rewards.ca, create an account to obtain a scanable member ID barcode; including acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and Privacy for the App.
Step 3: Once the entrant has obtained a 7Rewards membership, he/she must visit the following website: https://7-eleven.ca/promos/20kscholarship/ and submit your story and tell us in 100 (one hundred) words or less how you have contributed or acted in a leadership capacity in the community. By clicking submit, the entrant will obtain one (1) entry in the Promotion. Limit one (1) entry during promotional period November 4 – January 5, 2020 per person/e-mail.
NOTE: Text messaging and/or data rates may apply depending on the entrant’s mobile device carrier and text messaging package. Such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/account holder. Text messaging may not be available in all areas or with all mobile service providers. Entrant must be the person in whose name the mobile device account for the mobile device used to enter the Promotion via mobile device is registered (the “Mobile Account Holder”) or have the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder. Entries made via mobile device without the permission of the Mobile Account Holder may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promotion Sponsor. Any internet access and usage charges imposed by online service providers will be the responsibility of the entrant.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that his/her submission:
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights;
- does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulations;
iii. does not contain any reference to any third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
Nudity; Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity; Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct; Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail); Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services; any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos; URLs or links to any websites; and any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor and/or the contest judges in their sole discretion.
Entrants may use only one (1) e-mail address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Promotion Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Promotion Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Promotion in any way (as determined by the Promotion Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Promotion in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promotion Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promotion Sponsor) the entry is not fully completed with all required information or if the entry is not submitted and received during the Promotion Period. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity; proof of educational status; and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Promotion Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Promotion; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Promotion; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Promotion Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Promotion in accordance with these Promotion rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Promotion Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Promotion Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promotion Sponsor.
By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Promotion rules and the decisions of the Promotion Sponsor with regards to all aspects of this Promotion, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entrants and/or entries, which are final and binding (without right of appeal).
There is one (1) prize of twenty-thousand ($20,000) Canadian dollars (the “Prize”), payable by cheque. Total value of prizing available: $20,000 CAD.
- METHOD OF AWARDING PRIZE
In Surrey, British Columbia, on or about January 9, 2020, a panel of judges will review and select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with the rules.
Selected entrant will be contacted by email which matches the online entry form or the address used when creating an account on the 7-Eleven App with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim the Prize. If a selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, by the date, another entrant may be randomly selected (from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Promotion rules) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promotion Sponsor.
Before being declared a winner of the Prize, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email and complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) within seven (7) days of receipt (the “Prize Claim Date”).
If the potential Prize winner, cannot be reached/located, fails to reply within seven (7) days following contact by the Promotion Sponsor representative, is not in compliance with these Promotion rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize, fails to return the Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date, or if email or other correspondence between the Promotion Sponsor and potential winner is not responded to or is returned as undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited by that potential winner and the Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select another potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Promotion rules.
Prize will be awarded, subject to these Promotion rules, upon correctly answering the mathematical skill-testing question, receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Release Form, and any other documents, as applicable, and verification of Prize winner.
- The approximate retail value of the Prize as stated by the Promotion Sponsor and / or Participating Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Promotion rules is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail value is stated by the Promotion Sponsor and the date the Prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time the Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Promotion Sponsor in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Promotion rules, the prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
- The decisions of the Promotion Sponsor and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this Promotion and entrant agrees to abide by the Promotion rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Promotion Sponsor and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Promotion rules, the decision or interpretation of the Promotion Sponsor and/or judges shall prevail.
- Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Promotion Sponsor for the administration of the Promotion based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Once Prize winner has been verified and confirmed, the Prize winner’s name will be posted at www.7rewards.ca.
- All entries become the property of the Promotion Sponsor. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The Promotion Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any Internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Promotion Period. The Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Promotion and reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Promotion in the event of a printing or administrative error.
- In the event, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Promotion rules, prizes will stop being awarded when the Promotion Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of prizes and the Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised prizes. In no event will the Released Parties be liable for more than the stated number of prizes contained in these official Promotion rules.
- The Released Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the Promotion itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Promotion or any prize (or a portion thereof) won. The Prize Supplier is the supplier of the Prize, but is not responsible for the conduct or administration of the Promotion.
- Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Promotion website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Promotion; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Promotion website or any transmission in connection with the Promotion; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promotion Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
- Where applicable and in the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry or Mobile Account Holder. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Promotion Sponsor with proof that he/she (i) is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the selected entry; (ii) is the Mobile Account Holder; or (iii) has the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder to enter.
- The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the Promotion, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Promotion Sponsor, if the Promotion Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or where applicable, the Promotion website; to be acting in violation of the Promotion rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Promotion Sponsor, the Promotion Sponsor agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTION SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this Promotion, you consent to the Promotion Sponsor, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Promotion.
- This Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Promotion rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Promotion rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Promotion mechanics stipulated in these Promotion rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Promotion rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Promotion Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Promotion as contemplated in these Promotion rules, or for any other reason.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion or Promotion-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Promotion rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.